Date(s) - May 22, 2019 - May 25, 2019
Register online through May 10! Enjoy three days of professional development and gain practical ideas and insights from museum experts. Attend conference sessions, expand your professional network and build friendships, share your ideas with colleagues, take local museum and sight-seeing tours, and more. The CWAM annual meeting will provide new inspiration to make your work more effective whether you’re new to the field or an experienced museum professional. Register your family to attend the events with you!
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22
Welcome reception: 8-10 p.m. at Gillette Brewing Company
THURSDAY, MAY 23
Registration at Cam-Plex: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Vendor Hall: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Pop-up sessions: 9-10 a.m.
Sessions: 10-11:45 a.m.:
1) Be an Advocate: How to Talk with Legislators
2) Micromuseums: From Sasquatch to Gophers, How Amateurs are Contributing to the Museum World
Business Lunch at noon
Sessions: 1:30 p.m.–2:45 p.m.
1) Lets Talk Labor: A Conversation on the State of Museum Labor Throughout Colorado and Wyoming
2) Artifacts: Are they Poisonous?
Sessions: 3-4:45 p.m.
1) The Good Energy of Loft Goals; Why your Museum Should Reach for Accreditation
2) Academic/Museum Partnerships
3) Feeling Puzzled? The Implementation of the Puzzle Room in a Museum Context
Progressive Dinner Event, Downtown Gillette: 5:30–8 p.m.
(Frontier Auto Museum; AVA Community Art Center; and Rockpile Museum)
FRIDAY, MAY 24
Registration at Cam-Plex: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Vendor Hall open: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Keynote Speaker, Emily Graslie (at Cam-Plex): 10–11 a.m.
Lunch on your own
Workshops: 1-3 p.m.
1) PreSchool STEM
2) There is no I in Museum
3) Environmental Monitoring: Make an Impact with Minimal Effort
Professional Meetups: 3-5 p.m.
Silent Auction and Banquet at Cam-Plex: 6 p.m., followed by CWAM trivia
SATURDAY, MAY 25
Registration at Cam-Plex: 8–9 a.m.
All Day Tours:
1) Monumental Tour: West Texas Trail Museum in Moorcroft and Devils Tower National Monument (Possibly Hulett Museum in Hulett, WY)
2) Energy Capital Tour: Eagle Butte Coal Mine and Dry Fork Power Plant
3) Great Plains Tour: Durham Buffalo Ranch, Wright Museum, Drilling Rig Tour
Thank you to our Annual Meeting sponsors: The CWAM 2019 Annual Meeting is generously supported in part by grants from the Wyoming Cultural Trust Fund, a program of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources; the Papers of William F. Cody; and the Campbell County Convention & Visitors Bureau.